It’s that time of year again and game wardens from Maine and New Hampshire are ready to hit the field in Portland, Maine on July 28th for the fourth annual North Woods Throwdown softball game! We’re joined by New Hampshire’s Eric Fluette and Kris MacCabe of Maine, taking a look back at previous games, and unveiling an exciting new streaming option so fans can tune in from anywhere and support Operation Game Thief. Come join the fun in person if you can, or grab your streaming ticket here!
Here’s what we discuss:
- Idea for a fundraising softball game started in Maine
- Every game so far has been a squeaker
- Fans shook the stadium!
- Game bats are made in Maine
- A ‘friendly’ rivalry
- Extra, extra, extra innings
- Stadium wanted to turn the lights off!
- Streaming option will allow fans to tune in from anywhere
- Dugout interviews and multiple cameras
- Every kid’s dream to play in a stadium
- Did wardens get paid for North Woods Law? (Hint: No.)
- New Hampshire fans and giant head cutouts
- Maine looking to tie the series
- “We’re gonna need a bigger plaque.”
Hosts: Wayne Saunders and John Nores
Producer: Jay Ammann
Art & Design: Ashley Hannett
Research / Content Coordinator: Stacey DesRoches
Find More Here: