Eric and Ashley Hannett are embarking on an adventure like no other – sailing the world while promoting conservation and sustainable living on their new YouTube channel, GypSeaLegs. In this episode, they share some triumphs – and some trials – they’ve faced while preparing for the first leg of their journey; sailing to the beautiful Bahamas, where they will begin repairs on a hurricane-damaged catamaran that will soon become their home.
Here’s what we discuss:
- We got married!
- New YouTube channel: GypSeaLegs
- Filming yourself doesn’t come naturally
- Eric’s questionable podcast promotion techniques
- The challenges of creating content
- Google to the rescue
- Sailing down the coast in October
- Rescuing the dinghy – an unplanned swim
- Gorgeous weather, rough seas
- Trailering back to Jersey
- Second try: everything is closed!
- Buying a bigger boat
- Preparing to head to the Bahamas
- “You’ll never win against Mother Nature.”
- The importance of being resourceful and self-reliant
- Hopes for the YouTube channel
- Learning about other regions and cultures
Hosts: Wayne Saunders and John Nores
Producer: Jay Ammann
Art & Design: Ashley Hannett
Content Coordinator: Stacey DesRoches
Find More Here: